Right from the early days of our restoration, through to the opening of Gayle Mill, we have relied upon the generosity and skills of our volunteers. As a registered charity, we receive no regular grants or financial support, so the work our volunteers undertake is very important.
Although we do employ a full time manager, our volunteers help us in so many ways, from opening the mill to visitors, through to organising tours, helping with events and planning new promotions.
At Gayle Mill, volunteering is a great way to learn new skills, meet new friends, whilst applying your existing knowledge to a worthy cause.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, skills and ages. That’s what makes volunteering at Gayle Mill so interesting and rewarding.
What’s more, you don’t have to commit to regular or long term volunteering.
Volunteer opportunities include
- Tour Guides taking visitors round the Mill
- Reception welcoming visitors
- Using our Victorian machinery to make small wood products for sale in our shop
- Helping with seasonal tasks such as firewood chopping and stacking (for the biomass boiler) or machinery maintenance
- Historical research and recording
- Publicity and Marketing support
- Promoting Gayle Mill at shows and fairs
Why not become a a Donor or Benefactor?
If you would rather donate money than volunteer time, you can send a donation through to us at The Gayle Mill Trust, Gayle Mill, Gayle, Hawes DL8 3RZ, UK. If you are a UK taxpayer, we can claim full Gift Aid, meaning that every gift is increased by 25%.
If you would like to Gift-Aid a donation please print off a donation form here, complete it and send it with your cheque (Payable to Gayle Mill Trust) to Gayle Mill, Gayle, Hawes DL8 3RZ, UK.